Interactions with other NFDI consortia
NFDI4Microbiota got founded in the 2nd application round in 2021. As microbiomes play an essential role in all aspects of life, this is also displayed in the strong connectivity of NFDI4Microbiota with many other NFDI consortia. Together with them, we work on shared topics.
Consortia of the 1st round
DataPLANT Data in PLANT research
- Collaboration on metadata and workflows for omics data.
- Collaboration on training.
GHGA the German Human Genome-Phenome Archive
- Development of common standards and procedures for human microbiome data.
NFDI4BioDiversity: Biodiversity, Ecology & Environmental Data
- Development of common metadata standards for sampling of microbial species/communities.
NFDI4Cat: NFDI for Catalysis-Related Sciences
NFDI4Chem: Chemistry Consortium in the NFDI
- Collaboration regarding Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs).
NFDI4Health: National Research Data Infrastructure for Personal Health Data
- Standardization of chemical components such as medication, dietary factors, and metabolomics data.
- Exchange regarding the inclusion of microbiome-related data in medical studies.
NFDI4Ing: National Research Data Infrastructure for Engineering Sciences
- Collaboration regarding biotechnology-related data.
Consortia of the 2nd round
NFDI4DataScience: NFDI for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Development of solutions for Linked Open Data (LOD) and Open Research Knowledge Graphs (ORKG).
NFDI4Earth: NFDI Consortium Earth System Sciences
PUNCH4NFDI: Particles, Universe, NuClei, and Hadrons for the NFDI
Consortia of the 3rd round
FAIRagro: NFDI for Agricultural Sciences
- Development of common metadata standards for the sampling of microbial species/communities.
NFDI4BIOIMAGE: NFDI4 Biological Imaging and Medical Photonics
- Collaboration on standards and workflows regarding imaging data from biological samples.
NFDI4Immuno: National Research Data Infrastructure for Immunology
- Development of solutions for the parallel analysis of microbiota and the immune system.
- Harmonization of metadata and ontologies describing the host, as well as identification and enhancement of formalized descriptions of sampling procedures.
BASE4NFDI: Basic Services for NFDI